Subject: f_fsize???
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solutions.solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/1994 17:28:00
The man page for statfs refers to a beast with a member 'f_fsize'.  There
is no such member in any structure I can find in /usr/include.

I'm trying to get a current version of uucp to cūmpile, because the docs
and config files for the default one are all missing; I'm not even going to
try to get UUCP running with a difficult remote site when the local one
appears to be about half-installed, and mostly undocumented.

UUCP (the GNU one) has a #define for STATFS2_FSIZE, and this is causing
problems - the compiler complains that there's no f_fsize member, and it's
right.  But the man pages refer to this.

Please elucidate; why do so many thing complain about members of structures
which are not in the include files, but which the man pages refer to?

(I'm referring also to dd_rewinddir, or whatever it was, which causes a
build of libc to abort.  It's in NONE of the headers on my machine, but
is apparently necessary for a kernel build.  What gives?)

-s