Subject: Re: DDB/pcvt
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1994 19:59:21
> > When is DDB/pcvt/pccons going to put your video mode back to text and
> > restore the keyboard when you drop into the debugger while under X?
> I think it would be possible for pcvt to detect this situation and take the
> appropriate actions, i.e.:
> 	if(there is kernel type output for pcvt)
> 	{
> 		if(the current active window is an X screen)
> 		{
> 			switch kbd back from x to char mode;
> 			switch to char mode vt0;
> 		}
> 	}

No, this does not work as expected, EVERY kernel message (fd errors, tape
soft errors etc.) switches to vt0 if done like above.

I need ideas, please ! How could pcvt possibly detect that it is getting
DDB output ????

Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
 Experience is directly proportional to the amount of equipment ruined (Murphy)