Subject: printers
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1994 01:00:19
ok.. since you all have been so helpful, I will try again :)

I was trying to get my DeskJet 500 (plus even) printer to go, but I
dont know how unix implements printer drivers and I dont know where to
find out nd I dont know where to find a dj500 driver and it dont work
to not have one, and finally, I have written one for dos, and dont
want to do it again :)

tips for any of the above would be great..

I looked in all the mn pages and files related to lpr, etc, but no
mention of anything except in /etc/printcap, but nothing really.. I
was wondering if there is any good documenttion on the devices in
general

thanks again

bart niswonger

finger me |  One day he found, topped with a smutty grin,   |	from:
for the	  |  The small corpse of a monkey, partly eaten.    |	 Anthony HHecht
rest.  	  |  Force of the sun had split the bluish skin,    |
	  |  Which, by their questioning and entering in,   |	 Alceste in the
	  |  A swarm of bees had been concerned to sweeten. |	  Wilderness

		      My PGP public key opinion.