Subject: Print Errors
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gary D. Duzan <gary@wheel.tiac.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/1994 20:13:37
   I've been having a problem with print errors for a while on an
old Panasonic 9-pin printer. Thinking it was a problem with the
printer I let it go, but I'm getting pretty much the same thing
with a brand new DECwriter 100i Inkjet printer. The symptom is that
I get text symbols, form feeds, etc., mixed in with my bitmapped
data at irregular intervals. The data is generated by the djet500
driver in GhostScript and piped to lpr. I got a good printout when
there was a print job in the queue when it came up, though. Has
anyone seen something like this?
   Here is the vital data:

NetBSD 1.0_BETA (WHEEL) #6: Sun Oct  9 22:24:40 EDT 1994

lp|local line printer:\
       :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:sh:

crw-------  1 root  wheel   16,   0 Oct 20 19:59 /dev/lpt0

   Any hints would be appreciated.

                                      Gary D. Duzan
                         Humble Practitioner of the Computer Arts