Subject: Re: various questions (performance,bootblocks,libgcc)
To: Zdenek Salvet <salvet@nyx.dcs.muni.cz>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1994 22:43:55
>1. Can current bootblocks boot kernel from level 1 ffs ?
>
>   (I'm not going to convert my *extremely* stable FS's while seeing
>    fs-related panic reports on mailing lists, I still use 0.9 bootblocks)

I just thought that I'd throw in that I've been using the latest boot
blocks and a level 2 FFS since around the first of August, and I
haven't had one filesystem related problem (that I know of).  And,
I've done a lot of big builds in that time.  If it matters, I have a
BusLogic bt747s EISA SCSI controller, a Quantum LPS ProDrive 540s, and
a Quantum ProDrive 425s.

   Michael L. VanLoon     michaelv@HeadCandy.com     michaelv@iastate.edu
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.
     Working NetBSD ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4c, PC532
               In progress: DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), VAX, Sun4m