Subject: Re: 1.0A Repeated "panic: ffs_alloccg" Any ideas?
To: None <woods@kuma.web.net>
From: Mark Delany <markd@bushwire.apana.org.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/19/1994 07:48:47
> > It's almost certainly not sendmail as my system relays mail for about
> > 40 uucp sites as well as acting as a secondary MX for a large
> > pub.access site here and it never crashes with that traffic (so long
> > as I don't touch pine that is).
>
> I'd agree, but for different reasons.  We run smail-3 here.

Are you saying you ran pine with smail and still got the panics?

> FYI, our ffs_alloccg panics have stopped subsequent to removing QUOTAS,
> though we also updated a few other kernel source files recently too.

Given the variety of apparent causes and the variety of apparent
conclusions, I'll be the first to admit that I am merely speculating
as to the causes (on my system only) based on relatively strong
circumstantial evidence. It may well transpire that this panic is
caused by a variety of reasons and a combination of events.

For now, I'm just savouring a stable system again :>

M..