Subject: Re: 1.0A Repeated "panic: ffs_alloccg" Any ideas?
To: Mark Delany <markd@bushwire.apana.org.au>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/1994 11:56:09
[ On Mon, October 17, 1994 at 06:41:13 (+1000), Mark Delany wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: 1.0A Repeated "panic: ffs_alloccg" Any ideas?
>
> It's almost certainly not sendmail as my system relays mail for about
> 40 uucp sites as well as acting as a secondary MX for a large
> pub.access site here and it never crashes with that traffic (so long
> as I don't touch pine that is).

I'd agree, but for different reasons.  We run smail-3 here.

FYI, our ffs_alloccg panics have stopped subsequent to removing QUOTAS,
though we also updated a few other kernel source files recently too.

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP		robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; UniForum Canada <woods@uniforum.ca>