Subject: weird video problem solved
To: None <>
From: Dave McGuire <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/1994 01:50:45
  Hey folks.  Me again.  I sent a message to this list a couple of
hours ago about a wierd video board that caused my system to reset as
soon as the kernel starts up.  It's fixed; here's the poop:

  I was bored, I was out of beer, so I looked closely at the video
board, which by the way is a simple, no-name, el-cheapo Taiwanese
clone mono card.  I noticed a row of jumpers over by the DB9.  I
figured `what the heck, I'll try 'em out!' so I moved the first one
from left to right and sure enough, now the thing works fine and
doesn't reset my machine.

  All to save $18.  Actually, it's not the $18 that bothers me...I
just wanted the damned thing to work TONIGHT instead of tomorrow! :)

                            -Dave McGuire
                             Digital Express Group, Incorporated