Subject: Re: Is there a new tcsh source
To: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/10/1994 04:40:46
>   The new tcsh (6.05) works pretty well; there is one small problems in regar
>ds
>   to it not doing the timeout correctly for a gethostbyaddr() call, but other
>
>is there a fix for this handy?

Oh, hell ... back when I fixed this, I hadn't caught the CVS religion yet, so
of course I can't give you diffs from the original :-(  If I recall, in
tc.func.c, the signal handler psignal() only got called once (they use alarm()
in remotehost() to timeout gethostbyaddr() ... turns out that it does a couple
of calls and you need alarm to work more than once), and you need to chop out
the code that disables the signal handler.

--Ken