Subject: Re: sb driver.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@ksr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/09/1994 17:40:11
Herb asks:
> Has anyone noticed any weirdness using the soundblaster driver?

I'd like to get far enough to notice any weirdness using the soundblaster
driver.  While my "Pro Audio 16 Basic" card works fine in DOS (at least,
DOOM thinks it's a fine SoundBlaster, though it doesn't appear to work
as a Pro Audio Spectrum), the NetBSD driver doesn't like it; the sb
driver complains that it cannot reset the card (I put in a delay and
a printf; the delay doesn't help, and the value read from the control
location 0x220 is 0xFF instead of the expected 0xAA).  Does anyone know
anything about this card?  Does the SoundBlaster emulation have to be
re-activated after the card is reset?  (The manual helpfully lists all
the register addresses, but unhelpfully fails to describe anything meaningful
about them...)