Subject: sb driver.
To: None <current-users@pain.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/08/1994 19:19:50
Has anyone noticed any weirdness using the soundblaster driver?

I just recently 'acquired' a new soundcard that pretends to be a
Soundblaster compatible as well as a Pro-Audio Spectrum.

When I 'cat file.au > /dev/audio' it will work for a short while (a
file or two)  and then suddenly, on the beginning of a new file, it'll
enable the speaker (as evidenced by a 'click') and then promptly
block.  The only recourse then is to reboot.

I can't decide if it's this stupid card or if something has gone awry
in the driver.

Is anyone having better luck with their cards?

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Communications Ltd.
hpeyerl@beer.org                             | <nothing I say matters anyway>
  On your birthday 10/02 322 BC: Aristotle dies of indigestion. [hmm]