Subject: Re: NetBSD diffs for swIPe "floppy" release
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@vitruvius.arbld.unimelb.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/30/1994 16:52:09
In some email I received from Charles M. Hannum, they wrote:

>    > README file for swIPe diffs for NetBSD-1.0_BETA.
>
>    Anychance of telling us ignorant of the facts, what is swIPe ?
>
> IP encryption.  Not exportable.

Only the DES portion of swIPe should be non-exportable (?).
But I guess that's the crux of it...

The rest of it (mainly an implementation of an encapsulated IP
protocol) should be.  I've got it around somewhere ;) and I think
it is fairly easy to use an encrpytion protocol other than DES
(such as IDEA).  MD5 is also used.  Not something I'd want to run
on a 486-33 ;)

darren

p.s. where was the ftp place for the netbsd port ?