Subject: Re: /etc/conf: Re: Rmail queues everything?
To: Ronald Khoo <owner-current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: DNS Master <email@example.com>
Date: 09/28/1994 13:10:54
Well, let's see -- passwd, group, netmasks, networks, ttys, named.boot,
fstab, dumpdates, defaultdomain, myname, hosts, hostname.*, lpd.hosts,
I suppose this is logical; it was kind of tongue-in-cheek, as I suspect
that, as I said, it would be opening a can of pointers to cans of worms,
( can_of_worms *worms[CANSIZ]; ), but it certainly asks the question
of whether or not it should be done.
I must have just been bored when I thought of that; I have no intention of
actually implementing it unless /etc gets too cluttered (right now it
appears quite clean to my (possibly untrained) eye...).
#define AUTHOR "firstname.lastname@example.org (Ronald Khoo)"
* According to DNS Master <email@example.com>:
* > A side note: With all the .conf files (inetd.conf, syslog.conf,
* > newsyslog.conf) should we make an /etc/conf directory in which we stuff
* > all the config files, or is this just opening a can of pointers to worms?
* /etc is already the config directory. What else do you put in yours ?
* Me: Ronald Khoo Food: Roti Chanai Drink: Tea, weak, milky without sugar
* In Malaysia: firstname.lastname@example.org +60 3 241 5232 Computer Protocol Malaysia
* In England: email@example.com +44 81 349 0063 Demon Internet Services
#undef AUTHOR /* "firstname.lastname@example.org (Ronald Khoo)" */
_______Wizardry is dead._____ _____WHO: Greywolf (my nameplate even says so)
/ ___\ _ \ __\ V / \ / /__ \| | __/WHAT: UNIX System Mangler...er, Admin
\ \| | < _| ` ' \ '` / \/ /|_| _/ WHERE: Autodesk, Inc. 3 Harbor Dr.
\___|_|\_\__\|_| \/\/ \__/___/_| Sausalito, CA 94965 (415) 332-2344 x4219
see also: email@example.com