Subject: Re: X11R6 for ftp
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/1994 12:46:51
>> I compiled it including encryption but since it's useing the dynamic
>> libcrypt.so*  [...exportable?...]
> [I]f you are linking against a shared libcrypt that the machine owner
> must provide from whatever sources are appropriate to them, then
> there should be no trouble.

...unless it _demands_ such a libcrypt and you don't provide docs
enough to make it easy to dummy it out, in which case some poor non-US
soul who doesn't know anything about crypto issues and doesn't care,
and just wants it to run, is up the proverbial creek.  (No, I'm not
said soul; I have my own DES implementation and could doubtless turn it
into a satisfactory libcrypt if given an interface spec....)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu