Subject: X11R6 for ftp
To: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
From: Daniel Carosone <danielce@ee.mu.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/1994 23:33:44
Andrew Wheadon writes:
 > I've put a copy of a dynamically linked X11R6 in
 > ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/ports/X11R6 on wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de
 > This is for NetBSD-1.0_BETA. I've used a version compiled
 > with the same sources for some time now so it should work
 > but no guarantees are made.

Well, thanks, I have my own - but for those who might be interested in
fetching a copy, it might really help them to know which platform your
binaries are for. :-)

This goes as good advice to anyone making binaries (for whatever
reason) available on the net.

 >  (Oh btw. I compiled it including encryption but since it's useing
 >  the dynamic libcrypt.so* Could that mean that it can be exported
 >  into and out of the US ?  At the moment the README says otherwise
 >  but I'll correct that if I'm corrected)

Well, the short answer is that once it's out, it's out, no matter
which crypt you are using. But if you are linking against a shared
libcrypt that the machine owner must provide from whatever sources are
appropriate to them, then there should be no trouble.

--
Dan.