Subject: Re: I don't want to wait!
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 09/21/1994 06:57:34
> I have waiting for the new release for two and a half month now.
> And that is enough. The problem is not that I have to wait.
> The problem is that none of the people who know say something.

There may not be any "people who know".  I suspect that the core is as
much in the dark on when 1.0 will actually happen as anyone else, at
this point.

Anyway, if you don't want to wait, don't!  You could do what I'm doing,
and run NetBSD-current (at this point -current is probably quite close
to the eventual 1.0 anyway).  You could do what other people are doing,
and run Linux or FreeBSD or something else.

> I want to hear now a 'two weeks from now or six (eight, twelve) weeks
> from now'.

Fine.  "Eight weeks from now."  (No, I have no particular authority;
since you don't seem to mind inaccurate dates, that one is probably as
inaccurate as any.)

> I read most of the 'current' stuff and I see that there are some
> problems to solve.

> May be they should write a note each week.  Something that say how
> the problems are comming in and how they are solved.

That'd sure improve getting it out the door, wouldn't it now?!  [heavy
sarcastic tone]

Why not subscribe to netbsd-bugs and/or the sources changes list (I
forget what it is; send to majordomo and ask)?  Then you can see how
the problems are coming in and being solved _without_ loading down the
core people....

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu