Subject: Re: gtty, stty
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu,>
From: None <klee@rdcclink.rd.qms.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/12/1994 14:07:25

Dear NetBSDers,
    It seems that there is an include file for gtty and stty but when I
compile a program using it I get undefined _gtty or _stty.  There is also
a manual entry for gtty and stty which seems to indicate they should be
there.  Below is a program which fails on my system.  My libraries are
Aug 1.  Includes and kernel Aug 23.
#include <sgtty.h>
main(){
    struct sgttyb b;
    gtty(0, &b);
}

cc produces:
.. Undefined symbol `_gtty' ...
     <<<<

     This is exactly the same problem I have for compiling kermit.  I have
     also checked in libcompat.a and it was there, but the linker does not
     include them and complains displaying above message.  Can anybody
     explain why???  I had posted my problem under the heading of "Help -
     no shared version of libcompat.a".  I see it is not only me who is
     having this kind of problems.

     Kang