Subject: Re: panic: kmem_malloc: mb_map too small
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1994 14:03:19
> Just got this on my machine, I thought this was mentioned
> before and there was a simple fix?

Seems like you run out of cluster allocation space in the kernel. This
is probably network-related (you were doing some NFS work). The way to get
around this would be to change the value of NMBCLUSTERS in your config
file. NMBCLUSTERS is set at 256 by default, and increased to 512 when
the GATEWAY option is active. To be very safe, you could add

options         NMBCLUSTERS=1024

to your config file, and recompile. Worked for me, I had a system that
crashed as soon as a large number of people (80) were connected to it.

> -Andrew

- Frank

| I am not sure what a .signature is for, but my mom told me to make one.    |
| Frank van der Linden, vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl                                  |