Subject: Re: Pcvt support in NetBSD-current
To: None <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
From: Brian Moore <ziff@eecs.umich.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 09/01/1994 17:11:40
Well, after checking into it again last night.  I tried to run the kernel with
pcvt installed in it, but this time do the old 'hit the enter key like mad'
during the kernel probe device stage.  And what do you know, it works great!
Not only does it work great, but the problem with X losing the keyboard and a
process ( most likely the X server ) going crazy and steadily increasing the
load is gone away.  Damn I hate this Gateway 2K keyboard controller!  Can
anybody help me figure out what changes were done to the pccons driver to allow
the waked out Gateway keyboard controller to work?  The fixes for this have
been in the code for a while, probably sometime around last October or
November.  Should I be taking directly to Hellmuth about this?

Thanks,
--Brian