Subject: Pcvt support in NetBSD-current
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Moore <ziff@eecs.umich.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/1994 21:30:11
Well, since X is broken on my machine I tried to get pcvt compiled into the
kernel.  Everything seemed to be going fine ( rebuilt the kernel, installed in
and rebooted ).  First when I rebooted the kernel probe messages were all
outlined in red ( after looking in the source, and seeing this defined in there
for kernel messages, it seems that the stuff is working ).  But when the login
prompt comes up on the console the keyboard is dead.  No matter what I type
nothing comes up on the screen.  Now I have a Gateway 2K 486 with the Anykey
keyboard ( JX-30 motherboard ).  Is this just an artifact from the flaky
keyboard chips on the motherboard or should this work for my machine?  Anybody
else get pcvt working on their Gateway2K ( mine is from 3/93 ).

Thanks for any info,
Brian Moore
ziff@eecs.umich.edu