Subject: what changed recently in i386 com/tty driver?
To: None <>
From: John Kohl <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/30/1994 22:09:05
I don't have an old copy of com.c or tty.c hanging around, and I wish I
did.  I'm seeing a total failure of Taylor UUCP 1.05 to connect via a
modem using the i or j protocol, and a lot of failures using 'g'.
Things worked just fine before I built a -current kernel sometime in the
past week.

I tried recompiling tuucp with the most recent header files, but I don't
have an absolutely-up-to-date libc.  The recompiled versions still can't
connect with 'i' or 'j'

Did something change in the kernel innards that would confuse/screw up
UUCP negotations?  [Maybe parity stuff or 8-bit stuff?]