Subject: Re: Couple of questions..
To: None <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/27/1994 09:00:29

>> connection at 19.2k, the other has a mouse on it.  Even without X
>> running I get 'silo overflow' errors quite often on my ppp link.
>> Is this related to my PIO IDE drive?

Martin> No, I have them too (with an Adaptec 1742, one NS16550AFN on a
Martin> 38400/14400 PPP link).

Maybe RTS support in the com-driver together with fixing the generic HW
flow control on input code will help.  It definitely has for me on an
amiga which is both slower than a 486 and doesn't have a FIFO in the
UART.  If someone wants a patch to tty.c, contact me.  You have to fix
com.c yourself though.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden