Subject: Re: (1) getty/login, (2) NFS options
To: der Mouse <mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>
From: jason downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 08/16/1994 22:44:50
In message <199408162055.QAA10938@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>, der Mouse writes:
>As people who recognize my From:-line will know, I'm running
>NetBSD/sparc on a SPARC IPC.  And I've got a couple of questions.
>
>(1) I have been unable to get logins working on /dev/ttya.
[...]

i run a lot of terminals (two as consoles) under the hp300 port.

i've noticed several problems, the most important of which are:

'ap' doesn't work. you must set an explicit parity in your gettytab entry.
what i see when i don't is similar to what you're seeing, so you might
have the same problem.

'init' leaves the console set wrong when you drop into single user,
if getty has been running on it.

-------------------// jason downs // downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU //------------------
		  http://www.CSOS.ORST.EDU/downsj/index.html
		       have you fed your sysadmin today?