Subject: Compaq SystemPros and >16MB memory
To: netbsd-current-users <netbsd-current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Keith Meurer <Keith_Meurer@notes.bsginc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/16/1994 14:58:00
Has anyone used this configuration successfully?

We have a SystemPro with 104MB (yeah, I know, it's a real sob story here :-))
that reports this at boot:

NetBSD 1.0_BETA (BSGAHA) #0: Sun Jul 31 18:15:51 CDT 1994
    root@news:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/BSGAHA
CPU: i486DX (486-class CPU)
real mem  = 16252928
avail mem = 14184448

According to the EISA configuration, memory is running in "Compaq Compatible
mode", whatever that means.  There is also a choice for linear mode, but the
EISA configuration changes it back to Compaq Compatible mode when I change it.

Anyone seen this before?  I want to run INN on this beast, and that memory
would certainly be helpful.  It's also seriously proprietary memory, so if I
can't use it, it's not even useful in other machines around here.

Thanks for any thoughts,

!!kmm