Subject: wd driver vs. ancient hardware
To: None <port-i386@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@duality.gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/1994 04:21:37
Well, it turns out that while the ESDI spec I have talks about the
`alternate status register', the ST506 spec I have does not.  As far
as I know, nobody who has reported problems with the wd driver
recently is using a MFM or RLL controller, but I've attempted to fix
it anyway.

To anyone using the wd driver currently, or who has had trouble with
it before: PLEASE TRY THE UPDATED VERSION (1.84.2.3) ASAP AND LET ME
KNOW WHETHER OR NOT IT WORKS.  It works here, but as we all know, that
doesn't mean a damned thing in the PC world.

Also, if you see any messages of the form `wdcN: warning: busy-wait
...', you should let me know.