Subject: What SCSI controller?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <mmead@vt.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/1994 19:24:26
    I'm about to purchase a SCSI-II controller for my PC and plan to use it
under NetBSD 1.0.  I'd like to get a Vesa LocalBus model so that I can reap
the rewards of both higher transfer rates/disk performance, and the memory in
my system above 16M.  Are there any that seem to work particularly well, or
particularly poorly?  I'd like to know before I buy so that I don't end up
having to toss 4M ram, and so that I can get the most performance out of the
2.1G drive I'm about to buy.  Thanks for any advice you can offer!

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead -- System/Network Administration, User Support, Software Devel.
Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research