Subject: console drivers bugs ?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/1994 21:52:32
 Hello,

 When I gave the latest version of the editor joe a try (you can find it
at ftp.std.com:src/editors/joe1.0.11.tar.Z), I stumbled across the following
two oddities:
1. Using either one of the console drivers, joe seems to behave incorrect.
   Try the following:
   a. Ctrl-K h
   b. Choose any help screen you want
   c. Hit PGDN a couple of times.
   This results in the dissapearance of the help screen, something that
   did not happen when I tried it on my computer at work which was connected
   to a pyramid and ran kermit as the vt220 emulator.
   Two questions:
   a. Can anybody out there duplicate my results ?
   b. Is this a bug in joe or in NetBSD ?

2. I use pcvt as my console driver. This means that my /etc/ttys contains
   the following fragment:
console	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		pcvt off secure
#vga   	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		pcvt on secure
ttyv0  	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		pcvt on secure
ttyv1  	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		pcvt on secure
ttyv2  	"/usr/libexec/getty Pc"		pcvt on secure

  If I try to run a kernel with the pccons console driver using the /etc/ttys
  that has ttyv[0-7] in it I get the following panic when ttyflags is started
  from /etc/rc:

  vm_fault (f8664b00, 0, 3, 0) -> 1
  fatal page fault in supervisor mode
  trap type 6 code 2 eip f818690b cs f8660088 eflags 10202 cr2 bs cpl 0

  Everything will work fine when I comment out ttyv[1-7] in /etc/ttys.

Onno van der Linden  c/o    vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl (Frank van der Linden)