Subject: ARE THERE ANY DRIVERS AVAILABLE FOR THE NEWVOICE NV400 VOICE CARDS OR ANY CARDS THAT PROVIDE THE SAME FUNCTIONALITY UNDER NETBSD OR LINUX?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1994 21:56:19
From: buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu
Newsgroups: comp.os.386bsd.questions,comp.os.linux,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcards

	Hello net world.  I was recently asked if I could make a telephone
digital interface card for a PC card work under NetBSD or FreeBSD or Linux.
 Since I don't know the technical name for the card, let me describe what
kind of card I mean.  The card allows you to play analog matterial over the
phone line.  In addition, it performs dtmf decoding, allowing the caller at
the other end to pass messages to the software controlling the card.  An
example card is the Newvoice NV400.  Another example is a line of dialogic
cards.
	Is there a driver for any cards of this type available for the free
unix-like operating systems?  The driver can be encumbered, as long as one
can purchase a license for the source.

	If no such driver is available, can anyone suggest a good company that is
willing to give out technical documentation sufficient to construct a
driver?

	If you could mail me responses, I would be most appreciative.  Also,
I will summarize my findings when I finish the inquiry.
many thanks.
-Brian <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>