Subject: Re: PCI support
To: Brian Moore <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1994 19:47:08
RE: Enhanced IDE controllers:
>Thanks for the response, one question though.  What extra features are used
>yet?  The only one that I think the people asking me care about is using the
>higher number of drive cylinders.

I think the point is that *none* of the extra features are used.
NetBSD sees it as just a regular IDE controller.  It works -- but none
of the advanced features are recognized.

      Michael L. VanLoon
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.
     Working NetBSD ports: 386+PC, Mac, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4c, PC532
               In progress: DEC pmax (MIPS R2k/3k), VAX, Sun4m