Subject: Re: SUP service from ftp.eecs.umich.edu
To: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
From: Brian Moore <ziff@eecs.umich.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1994 20:16:18

>Just sup again, and it will fix up your tree.  I sup over a slow
>slip link and it has taken several hours for a fresh sup in the
>past.  I've had sun-lamp crash before, and re-supping always works
>perfectly.

I hope it didn't sound like I was implying that an incomplete source tree would
be a permanemt thing.  The next time that ftp.eecs sups from sun-lamp will
successfully will fix it.  My only thought on bringing it up, was that just
because you successfully suped from ftp.eecs doesn't mean you are current with
sun-lamp.  It just means you are current with whatever ftp.eecs was able to sup
from sun-lamp that morning.  So just make sure you sup and check the
latest_sup_log.  I'm just doing this to do cut down on the inevitable mail
message:

"Hey, foo.c is including foo.h, which is missing."

"Did you sup from ftp.eecs?"

"Yes."

"Well, the log says that the sup wasn't successful from sun-lamp, so check it
tomorrow and see if it did a successful sup, and then re-sup."

Once again, this shouldn't be a problem and might happen once or twice a year.
I'm just trying to forsee some problems and take care of them now.

--Brian