Subject: Re: SUP service from
To: None <>
From: Brian Moore <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1994 20:16:18
>Just sup again, and it will fix up your tree.  I sup over a slow
>slip link and it has taken several hours for a fresh sup in the
>past.  I've had sun-lamp crash before, and re-supping always works

I hope it didn't sound like I was implying that an incomplete source tree would
be a permanemt thing.  The next time that ftp.eecs sups from sun-lamp will
successfully will fix it.  My only thought on bringing it up, was that just
because you successfully suped from ftp.eecs doesn't mean you are current with
sun-lamp.  It just means you are current with whatever ftp.eecs was able to sup
from sun-lamp that morning.  So just make sure you sup and check the
latest_sup_log.  I'm just doing this to do cut down on the inevitable mail

"Hey, foo.c is including foo.h, which is missing."

"Did you sup from ftp.eecs?"

"Well, the log says that the sup wasn't successful from sun-lamp, so check it
tomorrow and see if it did a successful sup, and then re-sup."

Once again, this shouldn't be a problem and might happen once or twice a year.
I'm just trying to forsee some problems and take care of them now.