Subject: Re: random EFAULTs
To: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1994 18:57:10
Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com> writes:
> For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting random core dumps and
> "bad address" errors.  As of right now, I am using Aug 2nd binaries on
> a kernel built from sources supped this morning.  I am using a 486DLC
> (I noticed that there have been changes to this lately).  I see this
> mostly happening in cpp.

Have you tried turning off your external cache?  Many systems have
broken external caches, or have cards that interact badly with the
cache.  My system, for instance, has all kinds of problems with
the cache on, yet can stay up for weeks at a time with it off.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science