Subject: Re: Hayes ESP board?
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/1994 10:04:28
> Has anyone running current ever tried using a Hayes ESP board with the
> com driver?  It's "supposed" to be completely 16550-compatible, except
> that it has a 1024-byte FIFO.  Should this thing "just work" with the
> standard com driver?

I called Hayes about this a while back - Their tech support person
told me that the board operates in two modes, one that is 16550
compatible and one that is enhanced with 1024 bytes FIFOs.  I don't
remember if he said that there was any FIFO difference in 16550 mode
or not, but I don't think so.  I was told that software support would
be necessary to get the full use of the board.  The obvious next
question was answered with "I don't have that information, try our BBS
and see if the engineers there can give out programming info"  So you
might try posting on their BBS about the programming info if you want
to pursue it.

--
Dave Cornejo                                There is nothing so subtle
Dogwood Media                                           as the obvious