To: Bill Squier <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/1994 17:05:27
>>> 	I have an Intel Express 16 ethernet card for a PCI machine (Gateway,

>In message <>, Theo de Raadt writes:
>>There isn't a driver for this card at this time. Someone has been
>>working on somewhat, but it is a horrible card. Your best bet would be
>>to buy an alternate card; ethernet cards for PC's are cheap.

>This has probably been beaten to death, but what's a good ISA Ethernet
>card to buy? ($100-$200 range, BNC) Supposing I were to order one
>tomorrowish... ;-)

I've been told that both the 3com 3c5x9 boards, and the SMC/WD 8013x
boards are quite good.  There are supposedly PCI versions of both
available, although Theo would probably have to speak authoritatively
on which work well.

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.