Subject: Buslogic SCSI cards (was: Snapshot Report - July 31st tar_files)
To: None <>
From: Brad Spencer <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1994 13:49:05 (Alistair G. Crooks) said:

>[Michael VanLoon tells me that all the BusTek cards should work with
>bt742a.c - and a cursory glance through the code seems to back this up
>- can someone confirm this for me, please?]

I have a Pentium 90MHZ with a Buslogic [what BusTek is called now]
bt-946c PCI card and it appears to work mostly fine.  I have two
drives, both were pulled from Sun workstations and both claim to be
SUN207s, except that they aren't the same type of drive.  One is a
SCSI-1 that doesn't do sync. mode, the other is SCSI-2 and is suppose
to do sync. mode.  Anyway, sometimes when the SCSI-2 drive is
accessed, I get:

bt0: mbi at [some address] should be found, stat=81..resync

messages on the console.  They appear to be fairly harmless, i.e. no
corrupt data or anything like that.

Brad Spencer - [work]