Subject: NetBSD/i386: any boot floppies available?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Dale Rahn <drahn@pacific.urbana.mcd.mot.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1994 10:11:56
I was about to upgrade my machine from -current of about a month
ago to Aug 1 binary snapshot when I blew away my boot partition.

I was about to make a boot floppy but type "newfs /dev/rsd0a" not rfd0a.

Anyway, I now need a boot floppy to rebuild my system.
I thought the standard boot floppies were built currently but
Was not able to find them on any archives I searched
sun-lamp, iastate, umich. The "standard" boot floppy with aha support
would be great. My binaries are on a machine just next to the machine
they are to be installed on. The files can be copied by ethernet or serial.

Machine:
i486
aha1542 (2 scsi drives, no working tape)
SMC Ultra Elite (not supported on 0.9) (i cannot use the old floppies).
two serial ports (450)

What is the current plans for the i386 release for new installs.
How does a person who has not yet run NetBSD install on the system?

Dale Rahn, Languages and Tools                  drahn@urbana.mcd.mot.com
Motorola, MCG, Urbana Design Center
1101 E. University Ave, Urbana, IL 61801		  (217) 384-8585