Subject: Re: Bounce buffers
To: None <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1994 09:30:06
>	The other problem I'm having is that when my slip link is
>down, it takes up to a minute to resolve some names that are in
>/etc/hosts.  /etc/host.conf has 'order hosts,bind' in it, so I don't
>understand why it would do this.  I'm assuming it tries the nameserver
>first, times out and then goes to /etc/hosts.

It goes in /etc/resolv.conf, and it doesn't have a space.  It's like

[root@MindBender]~# cat /etc/resolv.conf
lookup file bind

Do a ``man resolv.conf'' for more info.

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.