Subject: Re: how to concatenate disks
To: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
From: jason downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1994 06:33:22
In message <199408031420.IAA04380@sidney.novatel.ca>, Herb Peyerl writes:
>When I merged the ccd code in; I didn't add any support to any of the
>other architectures.  Currently; only 'config' (as opposed to config.new)
>architectures are supported... The work to 'config' was somewhat
>extensive.

does config.new even know anything about component pseudo-devices?

>I can see adding support to the 'i386' port. It would be fairly trivial
>(a few changes to conf.c should do it).  However; I'm not sure of the
>interaction with the i386 scsi-subsystem..

this would be very nice. ccd works quite well, once you've gotten it
set up properly. it would be a boon to the i386 port, as they are
probably just as likely to have lots of old, small, disks around as on
the hp300.

(watching that stack of disks fsck as a single FS is a trip.)

-------------------// jason downs // downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU //------------------
		  http://www.CSOS.ORST.EDU/downsj/index.html
		       have you fed your sysadmin today?