Subject: Re: Concatenated filesystem...
To: Peter Galbavy <peter@alice.wonderland.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/1994 10:02:35
On Tue, 2 Aug 1994 09:09:36 +0100 (BST)
 Peter Galbavy <peter@alice.wonderland.org> wrote:

 > Well, let the rest of us in on the secret then... :)

Well...After dinking with it, reading the source, bugging Herb...:-)

We got the kernel to confiugure ccd0...and MAKEDEV is more than happy to
generate cd0a, cd0c, [ . . . ] (as well as the raw counterparts), but
we're having problems actually *using* it.  Can't seem to mount the
entire thing...mount is looking at the label on the first disk and
calling it good...

 > What does the config line(s) look like ?

pseudo-device   ccd0 on rd3c and rd4c and rd5c and rd6c

Unfortunately, I can only find code for hp300s in the ccd driver...I
thought about plopping in the necessary stuff to make it go on an i386,
but don't have any spare drives to test it on...

It doesn't look trivial to plop into a config.new platform, and the only
one of those I really have around is an Amiga with barely enough disk for
the OS...:-)

Later...

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   754-1554
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
                           CSOS NetBSD/Symmetry Project