Subject: Re: NetBSD XFree on an i486 with #9 Pro graphics card
To: David Siegel <siegeld@deshaw.com>
From: None <mmead@vt.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/1994 19:36:34
> I can't get XFree to work on an Intel 486 running NetBSD with a #9 Pro
> graphics card.  I'm using a Sony 17Se monitor.  Basically, the monitor
> goes into "power saving" mode.  I'm using the S3 X driver.  As anyone
> made this work?  Thanks.

	I've been trying to get it working with Freebsd 1.1.5.1 (to be upgraded
to netbsd 1.0 whenn it's out), but am unsuccessful.  I set up an NFS export on
a local machine here and booted linux off of a distribution's boot floppies and
tried to get it working with an NFS mounted XFree 2.1.1, and it worked fine.
I guess there's some problem with these cards and *BSD.  *sigh*  I really
wanted to use the card.

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead -- System/Network Administration, User Support, Software Devel.
Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research