Subject: Re: Kermit woes - my story
To: None <>
From: Mike Long <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/1994 10:54:13
>From: Mark F Willey <>
>Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 21:39:46 -0500 (EST)
>When I try to set line /dev/com0, it waits forever.  It will go through if
>I send it a signal.

First of all, don't use the /dev/com? devices; use /dev/tty0? instead.
If the /dev/com? symlinks still exist, delete them.

>Kermit is suid to uucp, and /dev/tty0? is rw only for uucp.
>What does everyone else do to get it to work?

Did you replace the calls to setuid() and setgid() to seteuid() and
setegid() respectively in ckutio.c?

>BTW, my tty00 has the clocal flag appended in /etc/ttys ie "on secure

Here is the source of your problem.  Replace "clocal" with "local".
ttydefaults(8) ignores flags that it doesn't recognize.
Mike Long
VLSI Design Engineer                    (PGP 2.6 public key available)
Analog Devices, CPD Division
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));