Subject: Re: Kermit woes - my story
To: None <willey@ecn.purdue.edu>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/1994 10:54:13
>From: Mark F Willey <willey@ecn.purdue.edu>
>Date: Thu, 28 Jul 1994 21:39:46 -0500 (EST)
>
>When I try to set line /dev/com0, it waits forever.  It will go through if
>I send it a signal.

First of all, don't use the /dev/com? devices; use /dev/tty0? instead.
If the /dev/com? symlinks still exist, delete them.

>Kermit is suid to uucp, and /dev/tty0? is rw only for uucp.
>
>What does everyone else do to get it to work?

Did you replace the calls to setuid() and setgid() to seteuid() and
setegid() respectively in ckutio.c?

>BTW, my tty00 has the clocal flag appended in /etc/ttys ie "on secure
>clocal"

Here is the source of your problem.  Replace "clocal" with "local".
ttydefaults(8) ignores flags that it doesn't recognize.
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                    (PGP 2.6 public key available)