Subject: more(1) is broken
To: None <>
From: Mike Long <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/1994 10:01:07
I recently noticed a problem with more(1), here's how to repeat it:

1) Run more on a file that's exactly 32 lines long, while logged in to
a pccons console (25 line).  The file I was looking at when I noticed
the problem was termnet.h from term118pl06.
2) Hit space once; watch the status line change from 68% to END
3) Hit C-u to page up half a screen; the top 8 lines are from the
beginning of the file, the rest are from further down.
4) Hit C-l and watch the display change.

I don't know yet whether this is a problem with more, curses, pccons,
or something else, so I haven't sent in a PR.  But I thought core
people and others may want to look into this and possibly it would be
fixed before 1.0 comes out.
Mike Long
VLSI Design Engineer                    (PGP 2.6 public key available)
Analog Devices, CPD Division
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));