Subject: more(1) is broken
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/1994 10:01:07
I recently noticed a problem with more(1), here's how to repeat it:

1) Run more on a file that's exactly 32 lines long, while logged in to
a pccons console (25 line).  The file I was looking at when I noticed
the problem was termnet.h from term118pl06.
2) Hit space once; watch the status line change from 68% to END
3) Hit C-u to page up half a screen; the top 8 lines are from the
beginning of the file, the rest are from further down.
4) Hit C-l and watch the display change.

I don't know yet whether this is a problem with more, curses, pccons,
or something else, so I haven't sent in a PR.  But I thought core
people and others may want to look into this and possibly it would be
fixed before 1.0 comes out.
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                    (PGP 2.6 public key available)