Subject: Re: COM_SW_CLOCAL and "cu" (was: COM_SW_SOFTCAR handling)
To: Duncan McEwan <>
From: Martin Husemann <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/1994 18:49:24
> If you do a "cu -l /dev/tty01" where tty01 has had the COM_SW_CLOCAL bit set by
> ttyflags, the open succeeds.  But when you try to type anything you get
> 	cu: write: input/output error

I don't know what version you are using, but with -current from 26 July
it works fine for me on i386. My /etc/ttys line is:

# modem under control of mgetty:
tty01 "/usr/libexec/mgetty tty01"	vt100  off local rtscts

UNIX - An operating system similar to OS-9, but with less functionality
and special features designed to soak up excess memory, disk space and
CPU time on large, expensive computers.
                                            -- OS-9 Glossary