Subject: Re: Which Release for DEC
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zappa.unna.Ping.DE>
From: Marc Evans - Contract Software Hacker <marc@Synergytics.Com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/1994 07:13:55
> Which release is going to run on a DEC 5400 Server, aside
> from ultrix;-)
> Are the things under the pmax directory intended for this
> kind of machine?
> And how do I bootstrap NetBSDEC?

THe DEC 5400, 5500 and 5800 machines have never had device information
released to net community, so my guess is that they will not be provided
without some fairly heafty reverse engineering... The "pmax" area in the
current netbsd tree is only capable of supporting "workstations", e.g., things
that sit on your desk and have a graphics head.

- Marc
Marc Evans, Software Consultant       WB1GRH      Synergytics
E-Mail: Marc@Synergytics.Com                      21 Hinds Lane, Suite 23L
PGP-2.6 key available upon request                +1 603 635 3857 (voice/fax)
MIME-1.0 & Enriched-Text mail accepted            Unix & X11 internals/apps