Subject: Re: the next release
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Danny Thomas <D.Thomas@vthrc.uq.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/1994 08:44:14
>>      Speaking of the next release, does anybody know when (even an
>> approximate timeframe) 1.0 with be out?
>
>end of the month.

I believe that was the "deadline" agreed to with USL but is the core team
happy that it really will be genuinely production quality release by then?
For all architectures? (I don't really expect them to be equally good,
                        but "just the facts, maam")

cheers,
Danny Thomas

who's glad he didn't have volunteer for the hassles in keeping up with
current on his production 0.9 systems, particularly since no information
seems to have been made public about goals for 1.0, approx release
schedules (until cgd's announcment a few months ago), etc. Then again maybe
I should have kept following the news groups. I'll ftp the summer bof soon
and that's probably what I've been looking for for a long time (even though
it was "out of date a few hours later").
OR have I missed an FAQ (Dave?).