Subject: Re: Q's on 4.4-lite userland integration
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/26/1994 23:02:49
Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> > And, on an unrelated question, what's wrong with lamp?
>
> The big problem is, it's in an office where there are people once
> ever 24-36 hours, and they're only there for a few hours, at most.

You can find cheap (<$30 I think) watchdog timers for PC clones in BBS
magazines.  You'd have to port the software to NetBSD, but that
shouldn't be hard.  At least then when it crashes unattended it won't be
down for long.

> We're in the process of getting things set up so that these problems
> will change in the near future.  (change to what?  hopefully something
> less severe.  8-)

As Neil McRae would probably say, "Hey, why don't you losers run a
*REAL* system, like SunOS?"

What a joke.  NetBSD is quite a bit more stable than SunOS in my
experience.  I get better support as well.  Sun wants big bucks for the
same marginal support you give for free.  :-)

ObPlug:

NetBSD is worth every penny I paid for SunOS.
SunOS is worth every penny I paid for NetBSD.

--
Ty Sarna	     		"If at first you don't succeed...
tsarna@endicor.com    		 ...don't try skydiving!!!