Subject: Re: Generic audio driver.
To: None <dhess@cs.stanford.edu>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/26/1994 22:52:08
>From: Drew Hess <dhess@CS.Stanford.EDU>
>Date: Tue, 26 Jul 1994 19:46:01 -0700 (PDT)

>> You all may want to check out the BSD audio driver in the sparc port.
>
>Hmm, I thought that the i386 port already had the BSD audio driver (in
>/sys/arch/i386/isa/bsd-audio.c or something like that; don't have access
>to my machine right now).  Or is this entirely different?

BSD audio drivers exist in both the i386 and the sparc ports; they
both have the same ancestry, but also both have been heavily modified.
If I remember correctly the original bsd-audio driver can be FTPed
from ftp.ee.lbl.gov.
--
Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                    (PGP 2.6 public key available)