Subject: Re: multiple X servers under pcvt?
To: None <>
From: J Wunsch <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/25/1994 09:43:18
As John Kohl wrote:
| I've tried running two X servers on separate virtual consoles under
| pcvt, to do some debugging.  However, when I do so, I end up with a
| keyboard in the wrong mode when I switch between X servers (I don't
| recall exactly when the keyboard mode gets lost, but it's real easy to
| do).

(Hellmuth Michaelis has also forwarded me this.)

I never had problems with running multiple servers under pcvt. This
is with FreeBSD ~ 1.1. Last time i did this in order to answer David
W's ``Please do a test for me'' request, and i've extensively tested
the XFree86 2.1.1 versus 3.0C servers, running them on two different
vty's and comparing the results of `xgc'.

Can you gimme a hint on how to reproduce the phenomenon?
cheers, J"org                             work:
Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
        Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.