Subject: None
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jason Baker <llunch@knuth.cba.csuohio.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/1994 13:20:59
	Hello, I started using NetBSD early in June.  This week, I
have been trying to build a current kernel without success.  No matter
what I do, the machine will always reset as soon as the kernel is
loaded.  The line "text=..." finishes and poof.  I had been running
the May 2 binaries, and I have slowly replace the following with July
16 binaries: config, make, cc, cpp, cc1, as, ld, /usr/include.
None of these changes have had any effect.  I am completely at my wits
end.  Perhaps someone can spot something I am doing wrong.  My config
file looks like this:
#
# HASSAN -- you liquifactionalist bitch, never darken my rumpus room again
#

machine		"i386"
cpu		"I386_CPU"
ident		HASSAN
timezone	4 dst
maxusers	10
options		SWAPPAGER,VNODEPAGER,DEVPAGER
options		FFS
#options		INET, NFSCLIENT, NFSSERVER
#NFSCLIENT pulls in nfs_boot.c which requires ether
#options		INET, NFSSERVER
options		INET
options		"CD9660"
options		"COMPAT_43"
options		"TCP_COMPAT_42"
options		XSERVER,UCONSOLE
options		MSDOSFS
options		KERNFS
options		SCSI
options		"MATH_EMULATE"
options		"COMPAT_NOMID"
options		"COMPAT_09"
options		"MACHINE_NONCONTIG"
options		KTRACE
options		DDB
options		DIAGNOSTIC
options		LKM

config		netbsd	root on wd0 swap on wd0

controller	isa0

device		pc0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" irq 1
device		com0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" irq 4
device		com1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" irq 3
device		com2	at isa? port "IO_COM3" irq 5

device		lpt0	at isa? port "IO_LPT1" irq 7
device		lpt1	at isa? port "IO_LPT2"
#device		lpt2	at isa? port "IO_LPT3"

controller	wdc0	at isa? port "IO_WD1" irq 14
disk		wd0	at wdc0 drive ?
disk		wd1	at wdc0 drive ?

controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" irq 6 drq 2
disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive ?
disk		fd1	at fdc0 drive ?

controller	aic0	at isa? port 0x340 irq 11 drq 6
master		scsibus0 at aic0
disk		sd0	at scsibus0 slave ?
disk		sd1	at scsibus0 slave ?
disk		sd2	at scsibus0 slave ?
disk		sd3	at scsibus0 slave ?
tape		st0	at scsibus0 slave ?
tape		st1	at scsibus0 slave ?
disk		cd0	at scsibus0 slave ?
disk		cd1	at scsibus0 slave ?

device		npx0	at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13

#pseudo-device	ether
pseudo-device	log
pseudo-device	loop
pseudo-device	pty	32