Subject: FYI, GCC 2.6.0
To: None <>
From: Charles M. Hannum <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/1994 18:32:39
I just compiled a NetBSD/i386 kernel with GCC 2.6.0, and it seems to
work just fine.  There was a small change to machdep.c required, which
I've checked in.

Should you desire to compile GCC 2.6.0, I did get all of the relevant
changes for the i386 and hp300 ports (and in the next release, all of
the m68k ports) in right before the release.  However, there's a
slight bogon in the Makefile; you'll need to edit `' before
configuring, and either remove the definition of `USER_H', or move it
above the `####target overrides' line so that x-netbsd call nullify

If you build things with GCC 2.6.0 and later report bugs in them,
please make sure to specify that you are not using the compiler we