Subject: FYI, GCC 2.6.0
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/1994 18:32:39
I just compiled a NetBSD/i386 kernel with GCC 2.6.0, and it seems to
work just fine.  There was a small change to machdep.c required, which
I've checked in.

Should you desire to compile GCC 2.6.0, I did get all of the relevant
changes for the i386 and hp300 ports (and in the next release, all of
the m68k ports) in right before the release.  However, there's a
slight bogon in the Makefile; you'll need to edit `Makefile.in' before
configuring, and either remove the definition of `USER_H', or move it
above the `####target overrides' line so that x-netbsd call nullify
it.

If you build things with GCC 2.6.0 and later report bugs in them,
please make sure to specify that you are not using the compiler we
supply.