Subject: mount_msdos question
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David Langford <langfod@maui.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/1994 14:15:48
I have a 170MB IDE drive with a single MS-DOG partition that I need to get
data off of (108MB file). Actually all I need to do is copy the file off and
then I can newfs the drive and put a Real(tm) filesystem on it.
I spent a few minutes with mtools but that got ./mdir: Cannot initialize 'C:'
(I beleive devices.c was redone correctly)

I am running with current sources as of Wed Jul 20.

Jul 19 23:26:53 dali /netbsd: wd3 at wdc1 drive 1:
162MB 903 cyl, 8 head, 46 sec <Conner Peripherals 170MB - CP30174E>

Am I wrong in thinking that "mount_msdos /dev/wd3c /mnt" should mount it?

I get, as my error message:

msdos: mount: Invalid argument

Is something still amiss or am I being a total dunce?

Thank you,
-David Langford
langfod@maui.com